Friday, January 25, 2013

Story of my Life




*Photo taken by me of  ~  Belmar NJ sunrise *



Hello, I was born in 1957 and I was born with Learning disabilities that was never properly diagnosed. 
When I was born there was no testing available. So I struggled to learn in school. School was very very hard for me. I struggled every day with processing and comprehending . I couldn't stay focused. I was easily distracted.


I was also born with myopia and I was near legally blind until I had Cataract surgery in 2014.  

Now I am able to see distance without glasses, which I was never able to see . Now I can see things I was never able to see.



I'm a giver, not a taker, I'm a giver to anyone.Whether it is my shoulder, my ear, my art, A dollar, or a special gift,I give to where the gift is needed or earned.I am a helper to others.I am friendly, I can make a friend wherever i go.I'll talk to anyone.I love to see people laugh or smile Because of what I did, said or gave.Love to see them smile and their faces light up When surprised.


(This Makes my heart Smile.)


 ·.¸¸.•*¨`*• ★ •*`¨*•.¸¸.·     



Everyday Life ~

ღི♥ྀღ

I can't open any jars, my hands can never twist off the lids.

I can't touch or take the cotton out of the vitamin and medicine bottles. 


I can't have anyone in the kitchen when I am cooking,

 because I become easily distracted.    


 ·.¸¸.•*¨`*•★ •*`¨*•.¸¸.·     


In 1999 I bought my very first computer. 

I self taught myself everything there is to know about a computer, because I wanted to learn it. 


 .•´¯`•.(*• .¸✿*✿¸. •*).•´¯`•.


I searched for many years trying to find doctors 

that test Adults with Learning disabilities.

 There are not many out there.When I was 49 I found a psychologist who tested me and diagnosed me with Dyslexia and ADHD. From there in 2006 I found an OT that diagnosed me with severe Sensory Processing Disorder. In 2011 - I was diagnosed with Mild Autism/ Aspergers. I was also diagnosed with Central Auditory Processing Disorder. 


Because of all of this I also have depression and Chronic Anxiety which I am on medication for.


 My everyday life is difficult. I dont like to be around lots of people, so I avoid shopping malls, I dont go food shopping I get very over whelmed by all the sounds, smells, bright lights and people getting too close to me. 


Because I was born with all of this, I was told that the right side of my brain works better then the left side, the right side is the creative side.  


I am a born within/self taught Graphic Artist,Crafter,Photographer and I also do Calligraphy.  I taught myself how to do Desktop Publishing which I love to do. I also love  Enhancing Photographs.
I love to Crochet , 

I been doing that since I was 13 years old......... 


 •.¸¸..•*`(¸.•✿*✿•.¸)`*•..¸¸.•


















    3 comments:

    1. Thank you for sharing. There are so many that suffer from this disorder and do not know what is wrong.

      ReplyDelete
    2. A little hard to read though, as we share many sensitivities...
      I kept thinking how well you've done even in that more archaic world pre-diagnosis and pre-knowledge...
      We are all learning, and we all do it differently...but thank goodness there's more info out there now!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you for sharing your insights, You are, no doubt, helping others with your story, which is the happy outcome of your hard work and sacrifice.

      ReplyDelete