Monday, September 21, 2015

Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)

What is it ....

Auditory processing disorder (APD), also known as central auditory processing disorder (CAPD), is an umbrella term for a variety of disorders that affect the way the brain processes auditory information. Individuals with APD usually have normal structure and function of the outer, middle and inner ear (peripheral hearing).


http://www.ldonline.org/article/5919


People would tell me - you only hear what u wanna hear, 

but that wasn't by choice. 

I had this all my life and I never knew what it was until  I was diagnosed with it in 2012 when I was 55 years old. 

Then I knew I was not going crazy. My brain doesn't process verbal input properly. I just get pieces of the conversation . Feels like, If someone would talk to me by the time they get to the middle of the sentence my brain would still be trying to process the first 3 words. By the time they get to the last word, My Brain is still trying to process the first 3 words.....



No comments:

Post a Comment