Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sensory Processing Disorder




Is a invisible neurological condition that impacts a persons ability to filter, process and respond to sensory input.

All the senses in my body are highly sensitive...



Below you can read how it effects me .....

SOUNDS ~

Sounds that really bother me are 
Barking Dogs, Kids screaming, babies crying, loud pitch sounds, loud pitch voices, the shopping carts in stores.
I can hear a trucks motor from 3 blocks away, I can also feel the vibrations in my body. I can also hear sounds no one else can hear.



 TOUCH ~

What it feels like ~



Have you ever felt that the collar on your shirt was too tight, 
so you had to pull on it , stretch it out.



Or the tags was bothering your skin, I have to cut all the tags out of my clothes.




CLOTHING ~



Clothing Textures


The first thing I do when I enter a store, is walk around feeling all the textures of all the clothes, to find the softest ones.

Whatever goes on my body has to be 
extremely soft or you can't touch it or wear it. 

All clothes has to be loose so you dont feel 
the seams against your skin.

I can't stand layer of clothing in the winter, 

not comfortable at all.


SOCKS - the seams bother your toes, so you wear them inside out. Cozy socks are the only socks I can wear. 


SHIRTS - all collars are cut out of your shirts, tags too. 

They bother my neck.


BRAS - I Hate them!!! I hate the way they feel around my body.

PANTS - they have to be loose because the seams can't be touching my skin at all.


SHOES - the seams in sneakers/shoes bother your feet, so you need to 

get extra wide and 1 or 2 sizes larger.

MOTOR SKILLS ~  


I was never able to drive.

 My reflexes in my feet and legs don't work 
properly. 

I couldn't get my foot off the gas fast enough.I was easily

distracted by everything around me 
and I couldn't function properly. 
(way too much for my brain to process) 
So driving just wasn't for me. 
I learned to walk to places, take a bus, cabs, riding a bike to get to where I have to go. 
I am very clumsy, I trip over my own feet, trip over sidewalks. 
Could never ride a skateboard, skip, jump rope, double jump, or do a cartwheel.
I got sick on all rides - Ferris Wheels, Roller Coasters. 
Any type of ride that would spin me around I got sick on. 
It took me a real long time to learn how to ride a bike.


Car sick - can't read a map, or read anything that involves my head to be down while in motion in a car. 


•*~*✿٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠✿.*~*•

✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻

Here are some web sites to read more about SPD 

or Sensory Processing Disorder....

http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/


http://spdfoundation.net/about-sensory-processing-disorder.html


http://www.hsperson.com/


http://www.child-behavior-guide.com/sensory-processing-disorder.html


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/children- sensory-issues_n_1506341.html


http://sensorysmarts.com/index.html


http://children.webmd.com/sensory-integration-dysfunction



SENSORY STORE  ~


 

http://www.sensorysmartstore.com/

https://www.facebook.com/WeightedDreams



✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment